Re: Foreign table permissions and cloning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru Hanada
Subject Re: Foreign table permissions and cloning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2011/04/26 5:42), Robert Haas wrote:
> OK.  Turned out a little more cleanup was needed to make this all the
> way consistent with how we handle views; I have now done that.

I noticed that some fixes would be needed for consistency about foreign
table privileges. Attached patch includes fixes below:

1) psql doesn't complete FOREIGN TABLE after GRANT/REVOKE.
2) pg_dump uses GRANT .. ON TABLE for foreign tables, instead of ON
FOREIGN TABLE.
3) GRANT document mentions that ALL TABLES includes foreign tables too.
4) Rows of information_schema.foreign_tables/foreign_table_options are
visible to users who have any privileges on the foreign table.

Regards,
--
Shigeru Hanada

Attachment