Re: Large Object permissions lost in transfer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Large Object permissions lost in transfer
Date
Re: Large Object permissions lost in transfer
List pgsql-general
On 4/4/2011 9:19 AM, Howard Cole wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 2:47 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
>>> permissions, - but how do I set up the permissions for the large
>>> objects?
>> I had the same problem. and there is no grant all... there is the new
>> DO though. That's what I used, a simple DO expression to iterate and
>> update the permissions.
>>
>> -Andy
>>
> Thanks Andy. As a temporary measure I am going to use the server
> configuration variable lo_compat_privileges when I work out how to use
> it. For the longer term, could I borrow your script for the DO :)

I dont seem to have it anymore... but here is a re-created, untested
version.

do $$
delcare r record;
begin
for r in select loid from pg_catalog.pg_largeobject loop
   execute 'ALTER LARGE OBJECT ' || r.loid || ' OWNER TO andy';
end loop;
end$$;

I wanted to change the owner.. where-as you want grant... but it should
get you the idea.

-Andy