Re: Large Object permissions lost in transfer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Howard Cole
Subject Re: Large Object permissions lost in transfer
Date
List pgsql-general
>> configuration variable lo_compat_privileges when I work out how to use
>> it. For the longer term, could I borrow your script for the DO :)
>>

> I dont seem to have it anymore... but here is a re-created, untested
> version.
>
> do $$
> delcare r record;
> begin
> for r in select loid from pg_catalog.pg_largeobject loop
>   execute 'ALTER LARGE OBJECT ' || r.loid || ' OWNER TO andy';
> end loop;
> end$$;
>

> I wanted to change the owner.. where-as you want grant... but it
> should get you the idea.
>
> -Andy

Thanks All, Especially Andy. I shall not bother thanking Tom because in
his omnipient state - He knows! ;)

Assistance on this forum is soooo good. It puts most of the support I
pay for to shame. (for non postgres stuff)

Howard.