Re: How to get index columns/dir/ord informations? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From durumdara
Subject Re: How to get index columns/dir/ord informations?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

The pg_index, and pg_indexes is good for I get the index names, and types.

I have two indexes on test table "a":

CREATE INDEX ix1
  ON a
  USING btree
  (a);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX x2
  ON a
  USING btree
  (a DESC, b);

From this I can recognize the type (unique or normal) of the index, but none of the columns.

I don't found any tables that can say to me, which columns with which direction used in index.

A pseudo code demonstrate it:

select * from pg_index_columns where index_name = 'x2'

Ordinal       ColName    IsAsc
1                 a                   False
2                 b                   True

Have PGSQL same information?

Thanks:
    dd