Re: Beginner question: Hacking environment? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Beginner question: Hacking environment?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> Or do you advise to just "make install" and test from there?
Pretty much.  For development you will want to specify a few options
in the ./configure step.  At a minimum I recommend:
--prefix=
--enable-debug
--enable-cassert
--enable-depend

See this page for other options:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-procedure.html
Of course, there are those who prefer to use eclipse or some other
IDE.  For setting up eclipse, see this page:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse
I see that page is a bit out of date (we've converted from CVS to
git), but perhaps you can extrapolate.
-Kevin