Re: Beginner question: Hacking environment? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Adrian von Bidder
Subject Re: Beginner question: Hacking environment?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 16.58:58 Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> > Or do you advise to just "make install" and test from there?
> Pretty much.

Thanks for all your answers. I was just a bit confused because when I write
stuff for myself I usually set up stuff to run directly in the build
environment, so I was expecting something like that to be available.  But
make install into ~/pg will do fine as well. (I want to avoid having my
trashed version version be available systemwide...)

cheers
-- vbi

--
I've never been DPL (AFAICT)       -- Pierre Habouzit on debian-vote, 2007-07-31