Re: database is bigger after dump/restore - why? (60 GB to 109 GB) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: database is bigger after dump/restore - why? (60 GB to 109 GB)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/24/11 11:02 AM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

> How do I check the fillfactor on the table, please?

its in the field reloptions in pg_class.   so...

     select reloptions from pg_class where relname='tablename';

if tablename is non-unique, you'll need to qualify that with the OID of
the namespace (aka schema).

> My largest table is 50 GB in size; when I pg_dump it, and then
> pg_restore it, it becomes 100 GB in size.
>
> How do I pg_restore it so that it is 50 GB in size?  Is it a setting
> to pg_dump or to pg_restore?

are you truncating the table before restoring, or is this a restore into
a new database, or what?