Re: database is bigger after dump/restore - why? (60 GB to 109 GB) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aleksey Tsalolikhin
Subject Re: database is bigger after dump/restore - why? (60 GB to 109 GB)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.  Thanks for your replies.

How do I check the fillfactor on the table, please?

(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html tells me how
to set it, but I haven't found yet how to read it.)

Same CPU, same filesystem, same blocksize - identical systems.  Same model
of server.  We made them identical on purpose.

The way I check table size including TOAST and Indexes is:

SELECT relname as "Table",
pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size(relid)) As "Size" from
pg_catalog.pg_statio_user_tables ORDER BY
pg_total_relation_size(relid) DESC;

My largest table is 50 GB in size; when I pg_dump it, and then
pg_restore it, it becomes 100 GB in size.

How do I pg_restore it so that it is 50 GB in size?  Is it a setting
to pg_dump or to pg_restore?

Aleksey