Re: Orphaned statements issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Orphaned statements issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/20/11 2:26 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> I would take that to mean that it's waiting on the client.
>
>> You mean that the client timed out and isn't accepting data from the
>> query anymore?
>
> No, if the backend is in RECV state, it's waiting for the client to
> *send* it something.

I don't think that's consistent with what we're seeing except maybe in
the <BIND> case.  In the other cases, there's a query supposedly
executing.  But, will look for that possibility.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com