Re: SSI and Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI and Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Why not?  We already generate appropriate snapshots for this in
> SSI, so is the problem in getting the appropriate information into
> the WAL stream or in having a request for a snapshot within a
> serializable transaction while running in hot standby the problem?
I dropped few words.
That was supposed to ask whether the problem was in getting hot
standby to *use such a snapshot*.
I'm open to other suggestions on how else we might do this.  I don't
see any alternatives, but maybe you're seeing some possibility that
eludes me.
-Kevin