Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18/01/11 18:04, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter<david@fetter.org>  writes:
>> Who's the copyright holder(s)?  If it's all individual contributors,
>> Red Hat policy is not in play.
> Sorry David, it was written on the company's dime.

However, I doubt that Red Hat derives any value from this useful product
being excluded from contrib by the choice of license - would they be
receptive to the idea that it would be free marketing to have it in the
main tarball/rpm/deb (etc) with merely a decision to change it GPL->BSD?

regards

Mark