Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 09:14:41PM +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> On 18/01/11 18:04, Tom Lane wrote:
> >David Fetter<david@fetter.org>  writes:
> >>Who's the copyright holder(s)?  If it's all individual
> >>contributors, Red Hat policy is not in play.
> >Sorry David, it was written on the company's dime.
>
> However, I doubt that Red Hat derives any value from this useful
> product being excluded from contrib by the choice of license - would
> they be receptive to the idea that it would be free marketing to
> have it in the main tarball/rpm/deb (etc) with merely a decision to
> change it GPL->BSD?

I'm guessing there's a Policy® at Red Hat that software made on its
dime be GPL (v2, I'd guess), and that getting an exception would
involve convening its board or similarly drastic action.

Is that about right?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!