Re: texteq/byteaeq: avoid detoast [REVIEW] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: texteq/byteaeq: avoid detoast [REVIEW]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 05:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I haven't looked at this patch, but it seems to me that it would be
> reasonable to conclude A != B if the va_extsize values in the toast
> pointers don't agree.

It's a very light-weight alternative of memcmp the byte data,
but there is still the same issue -- we might have different
compressed results if we use different algorithm for TOASTing.

So, it would be better to apply the present patch as-is.
We can improve the comparison logic over the patch in another
development cycle if possible.

--
Itagaki Takahiro