Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 8/07/2010 6:31 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 03:10, Craig Ringer<craig@postnewspapers.com.au>  wrote:
>> IIRC on Windows client certificates live in
>>
>>   %APPDATA%\.postgresql\
>
> That's a typo, it should be %APPDATA%\postgresql\ (no leading period).

You're quite right. Sorry - I thought it used .postgresql as it does on
*nix, but a quick test confirms that it's:

   %APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.crt
   %APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.key

>>> (No one else here is using certs under Windows 7?)
>>
>> I use client certificates on Windows, but only via a Java app with JDBC,
>> so I haven't been too worried about libpq's client cert handling.
>
> It'd be great if you can check that it works in your environment,
> since you clearly have a working server-side and client-in-java env.
> If it doesn't work for you, that's a whole lot of thinsg we can rule
> out as the culprits then :-)

I just set up a test, and it works fine with my win7 test box connecting
to a Linux server that requires a client cert to permit connections.

--
Craig Ringer