Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 04:58, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wr=
ote:
> On 8/07/2010 6:31 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 03:10, Craig Ringer<craig@postnewspapers.com.au>
>> =A0wrote:
>>>
>>> IIRC on Windows client certificates live in
>>>
>>> =A0%APPDATA%\.postgresql\
>>
>> That's a typo, it should be %APPDATA%\postgresql\ (no leading period).
>
> You're quite right. Sorry - I thought it used .postgresql as it does on
> *nix, but a quick test confirms that it's:
>
> =A0%APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.crt
> =A0%APPDATA%\postgresql\postgresql.key

>>> I use client certificates on Windows, but only via a Java app with JDBC,
>>> so I haven't been too worried about libpq's client cert handling.
>>
>> It'd be great if you can check that it works in your environment,
>> since you clearly have a working server-side and client-in-java env.
>> If it doesn't work for you, that's a whole lot of thinsg we can rule
>> out as the culprits then :-)
>
> I just set up a test, and it works fine with my win7 test box connecting =
> a Linux server that requires a client cert to permit connections.

Ok, that's good. Then we k now it's not a generic issue on Win7, but
must be something specific to the OP's problem.

Did you also, or could you also, test the connection parameters and/or
environment variables that tells libpq to look for the certificate in
a different location?

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/