Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [TESTERS] Location of certs -Windows 7 SSL mode?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 03:10, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wr=
ote:
> On 07/07/10 22:28, Lou Picciano wrote:
>
>> Well, no. Specifically, the exercise was to determine default locations =
of certs on Windows 7, as inferred from - the expected - error message from=
 the PG client. In this case, the client was pgAdmin. (Is pgAdmin not a val=
id 'default' test?)

> I'm coming in half-way into this conversation, so forgive any confusion,
> but are you referring to server certs (that live in the datadir) or
> client certificates to authenticate a client to the server?
>
> If server certs, the certs live in the same place on Windows as every
> other platform: in the data dir.
>
> IIRC on Windows client certificates live in
>
> =A0%APPDATA%\.postgresql\

That's a typo, it should be %APPDATA%\postgresql\ (no leading period).

>> (No one else here is using certs under Windows 7?)
>
> I use client certificates on Windows, but only via a Java app with JDBC,
> so I haven't been too worried about libpq's client cert handling.

It'd be great if you can check that it works in your environment,
since you clearly have a working server-side and client-in-java env.
If it doesn't work for you, that's a whole lot of thinsg we can rule
out as the culprits then :-)

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/