Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pgsql
Subject Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> pgsql <pgsql@lavabit.com> writes:
> Looking at debug_query_string in the core dumps would
> at least show what SQL command is calling the function(s) --- and I
> wouldn't be surprised if there's exactly one function involved here.

Content of debug_query_string:

core.21207
$1 = 63106368

core.20832
$1 = 292449712

core.25421
$1 = 292450320

core.23631
$1 = 292450000

core.9419
$1 = 284979152

core.16801
$1 = 284978992

core.32242
$1 = 284971248

core.10776
$1 = 284978832

> As per Alvaro's suggestion, installing postgresql-debuginfo would
> make the stack traces a lot more useful, too.

Build from source (without the relcache patch) with debug enabled;
waiting for the next crash.

Thank you