Re: pg_class has 3615 rows and 1010Mb in table size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: pg_class has 3615 rows and 1010Mb in table size
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 09:40 -0700, Nikola wrote:

> I looked at the pg_class table and noticed that its size is 1010Mb and
> index size is 1137Mb, while the table itself has only 3615 rows in it.
> I tried vacuuming it, but that did not change anything. Is there
> anything I can do to get this table back to the size it is supposed to
> be at?
>
> PostgreSQL 8.2.6 on Windows 2003 Server.

vacuum full, its an exclusive lock though.

I don't recall if 8.2 autovacuum would vacuum system catalogs or not.
Either way, you really should upgrade, especially since you are on
Windows.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor