Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pgsql
Subject Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> pgsql wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of our pgsql instances recently started to segfault multiple times a
>> week. I tried a couple of things to pin it down to a certain query
>> or job but failed to find any pattern. All I can offer is some notes
>> and a set of similar looking back traces.
>
> Please install the debuginfo package(s).  Have you got some external
> module installed?

..for whatever reason I cannot get the postmaster provided by
postgresql-debuginfo-8.3.10-2PGDG.el5.x86_64.rpm to run; it immediately
causes a segfault:

ld-linux-x86-64[4286] general protection rip:3b2ca06471 rsp:7fff9a5077c0
error:0

However I just build 8.3.10 from source with debug enabled. As soon as
it crashes I'll post the new back trace.

Thanks!