Re: Table size - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Table size
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 05/02/2010 11:57, Greg Smith a écrit :
> Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
>>
>> In pgAdmin, one can view the total disk size occupied by a table in
>> the statistics view when in the “Tables” context.
>>
>> What query is being used to calculate this?
>>
>> I have found pg_relation_size() but it has to be called for multiple
>> entities in order to arrive at the total utilization.
>>

> I believe it's using pg_total_relation_size() there:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-admin.html
>
> There are some sample queries to compute disk use information in a
> couple of different forms at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Disk_Usage
> you might find handy too.

Nope. We are using:
* pg_relation_size on the table OID for the "Table Size" row,* a sum of pg_relation_size for all indexes on this table
forthe  "Indexes Size" row,* and a sum of the pg_relation_size of the TOAST table size and of the  pg_relation_size of
theTOAST indexes for the "Toast Table Size" row.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com