Re: Table size - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Table size
Date
List pgadmin-support
Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> In pgAdmin, one can view the total disk size occupied by a table in
> the statistics view when in the “Tables” context.
>
> What query is being used to calculate this?
>
> I have found pg_relation_size() but it has to be called for multiple
> entities in order to arrive at the total utilization.

I believe it's using pg_total_relation_size() there:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-admin.html

There are some sample queries to compute disk use information in a
couple of different forms at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Disk_Usage
you might find handy too.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com