Re: how to view TOAST table - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: how to view TOAST table
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Le 05/02/2010 06:50, Abhisekh Mohapatro a écrit :
> [...]
> I have a table which has a column with datatype BYTEA.
> In order to trigger TOAST mechanism for the column, I have made the following alteration.
>
> ALTER TABLE table_name ALTER COLUMN column_name SET STORAGE EXTERNAL

I added a ticket because it seems we can't change the storage
information (http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/134).

> Please suggest me if I have to make any other changes.
> Also I am unable to view the TOAST table.
>
> Please help me out in viewing the table.

Why would you like to "see"/"view" the TOAST table? I don't see the
advantages of this. The TOAST table seems more an implemantation detail.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com