Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Yves F. Barbier
Subject Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working
Date
List pgsql-general
Andre Lopes a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have installed postgresql 8.3, and now, what I need to do to get
> things working? Install PGAdmin? Or there are other steps I need to do

Daemons are active as soon as installation is completed.

> to get things working? For example, how can I define the password for
> access as sysadmin?

No (IF bubuntu is alike Debian): 'postgres' user don't have a password,
just:
su - (to become root)
su postgres

at this step you're postgres user and can make whatever you want
(even crap: remember Linux consider if you have the right to
become a superuser, you're considered as a responsible user
and have the right to do everything...)

--
Baltimore, n.:
    Where the women wear turtleneck sweaters to hide their flea collars.