Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andre Lopes
Subject Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working
Date
Re: What packages I need to install to get Postgres working  ("Jean-Yves F. Barbier" <12ukwn@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed postgresql 8.3, and now, what I need to do to get things working? Install PGAdmin? Or there are other steps I need to do to get things working? For example, how can I define the password for access as sysadmin?

Best Regads,

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 06/12/2009 21:35, Andre Lopes wrote:

> I have used Postgres on windows, but now I need to develop a website in
> Linux envoirnment.
>
> I have installed Ubuntu Desktop, but now I need to know what packages
> install to get Postgres working.

I think Ubuntu's packaging system is based on the Debian one, so you
should just need to do -

 apt-get postgresql-8.3

- to get PG and all it depends on. If you want 8.4, you'll need to get
it from backports.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland