How to check status of bug (42804: structure of query does not match error where using RETURN QUERY) ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Postgres User
Subject How to check status of bug (42804: structure of query does not match error where using RETURN QUERY) ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've encountered a serious Postgres bug which apparently has a fix
that hasn't been released in a patch.  How or where can I look up its
status?

This is a serious bug- it basically renders RETURN QUERY useless in
any environment where you don't have the option of dropping and
re-creating a table, so I'm surprised to see that it's been
outstanding for this long.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Michal Szymanski <mich20061@...> writes:
> >> Exactly what modifications did you make?
>
> > We have added few new columns and we delete one column.
>
> [ experiments... ]  Hmm, looks like RETURN QUERY isn't too bright about
> dropped columns in the function result type.  I'm not too sure about how
> hard this is to fix, but in the meantime you will need to dump and
> recreate/reload that particular table in order to get it to work.

Is this a TODO?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@...>        http://momjian.us

Re: Re: 42804: structure of query does not match error where using
RETURN QUERY
by Tom Lane-2 Jun 02, 2009; 07:47am :: Rate this Message:    - Use
ratings to moderate (?)
Reply | Reply to Author | Print | View Threaded | Show Only this Message
Bruce Momjian <bruce@...> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ experiments... ]  Hmm, looks like RETURN QUERY isn't too bright about
>> dropped columns in the function result type.  I'm not too sure about how
>> hard this is to fix, but in the meantime you will need to dump and
>> recreate/reload that particular table in order to get it to work.

> Is this a TODO?

It's already there.

regards, tom lane