Re: Experience with many schemas vs many databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Experience with many schemas vs many databases
Date
List pgsql-general
undisclosed user wrote:
> Currently, I have about 30-35k users/databases. The general table
> layout is the same....only the data is different. I don't need to
> share data across databases. Very similar to a multi-tenant design.

Do these users make their own arbitrary SQL queries?    Or is all the
coding canned, and they are simply running applications?   in the latter
case, I would definitely suggest using a single database and schema, and
one set of tables and having CustomerID be a field that you index in
these tables.