Re: FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so
Date
List pgsql-general
Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD) wrote:

> I have compiled PostgreSQL version 8.4.1 on HPUX 11iV3 (HPUX 11.31) on a
> ia64 hp server BL870c. When I try to start the database it creates the
> data directory and while initializing it gets till creating conversions
> and then throws a FATAL error “could not find function "alt_to_mic" in
> file "/opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so" “.

Is there any chance you had a prior version of PostgreSQL installed in
/opt/psb/db/pgsql/ ?

If so, try building PostgreSQL with a new prefix (say
/opt/psb/db/pgsql84/ ).

> *creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not find function "alt_to_mic"
> in file "/opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so"*

You might also want to examine cyrillic_and_mic.so by listing its
symbols. HP-UX uses the "nm" command for this, so:

nm /opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so

might be informative.

--
Craig Ringer