FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD)
Subject FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi

I have compiled PostgreSQL version 8.4.1 on HPUX 11iV3 (HPUX 11.31) on a ia64 hp server BL870c. When I try to start the database it creates the data directory and while initializing it gets till creating conversions and then throws a FATAL error “could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file "/opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so" “.

Can someone please help me in solving this problem.

The messages while starting the database

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "db".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

The default database encoding has accordingly been set to SQL_ASCII.

The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/opt/psb/db/pgsql ... ok

creating subdirectories ... ok

selecting default max_connections ... 100

selecting default shared_buffers ... 32MB

creating configuration files ... ok

creating template1 database in /var/opt/psb/db/pgsql/base/1 ... ok

initializing pg_authid ... ok

initializing dependencies ... ok

creating system views ... ok

creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file "/opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so"

STATEMENT:  CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION alt_to_mic (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING, INTERNAL, INTEGER) RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/cyrillic_and_mic', 'alt_to_mic' LANGUAGE 'c' STRICT;

child process exited with exit code 1

initdb: removing contents of data directory "/var/opt/psb/db/pgsql"

Regards

Rajaram J

We all make mistakes, but it's our responses to said mistakes that separate true leaders from the rest of the pack.