Re: Kerberos authentication, Active Directory, and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Kerberos authentication, Active Directory, and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
>> A small wish in case we go with this: The constant should be named
>> something like PG_...; otherwise it looks like we are defining or
>> overriding an official symbol from the GSS API.
>
> I'd be inclined to just s/2000/32767/ and not bother with a symbol,
> misleadingly named or otherwise.  If the value were actually being
> used in more than one place, it'd be a different story, but to be
> so used it would likely need a completely different name.

It is used in two places in that file: pg_GSS_recvauth() and
pg_SSPI_recvauth(). (the original patch neglected SSPI)

I'll rename it to PG_MAX_AUTH_TOKEN_LENGTH, unless someone has a better
suggestion.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas