Re: BUG #5107: Lock never released - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: BUG #5107: Lock never released
Date
List pgsql-bugs
tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) writes:
> "Christian DUPONT" <christian.dupont@cegelec.com> writes:
>> I use slony 1 v 1.2.14.
>> After an unexpected stop, several tables remained locked :
>
> Is it possible that the locks are being held by a prepared transaction?
> Next time it happens, look into the pg_prepared_xacts status view.

The prepared statement idea seems pretty plausible; certainly it's
something that can survive a backend restart.

> If it's not that, it seems like this must be a Slony issue, not a
> problem with Postgres proper.  You'll probably get better results
> if you ask about it on the Slony mailing lists.

I can't think of anything offhand which would seize a lock so
tenaciously in Slony, except, evidently with a prepared statement as
an accomplice.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/emacs.html