Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> I think we should change the way we test it. Could we simply make
>> max_prepared_transactions = 0 the default, but put
>> "max_prepared_transactions = 5" into the config file in "make check"?
>
> That only works for make check, not make installcheck.

Configuration affects what can be tested in installcheck, that's quite
natural. I would be happy with simply adding an alternative expected
output file for min_prepared_xacts=0 case. Like we've done for xml test
cases, for example, though that's a compile-time option.

Or we could print a notice if you run make installcheck against a server
with max_prepared_transactions=0.