Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Prepared transactions vs novice DBAs, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 11:00 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Then perhaps a setting like max_stale_prepared_transaction_age and once
> that threshold is met it will autorollback?

I think that defeats the safety of prepared transactions in many cases.
Let's say you PREPARE TRANSACTION on two systems, and then COMMIT
PREPARED on the first one. Then, you go to COMMIT PREPARED on the second
one, and the time has lapsed so you can't (and you can't rollback the
first one, either).

Regards,Jeff Davis