Re: Closing some 8.4 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

It fits into 80 columns if you don't have any functions with 11
parameters.  ;-)

Actually, I'm thinking the new column ought to be called "type".  That
way, it could be "window" or "trigger" or "internal", and more types
later if we develop any (like "MED").

> Too late for 8.4 I'm afraid, but we could talk about it for 8.5.  What
> have you got in mind that would be different from \df?

Well, \df+.  It would have the same columns.  But you'd be able to query
just the column you want, and just the types you want.

SELECT name, parameters FROM pg_functions WHERE function_type = "window".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.