Re: Closing some 8.4 open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Closing some 8.4 open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Having an extra column in \df for "Windowing" was rejected out of hand.
>   Why?

I'd definitely support adding it to \df+.  Basic \df might be a harder
sell, because it still does mostly fit in 80 columns now, but would
certainly no longer do so with another column.

> And has it occurred to anyone that a pg_functions view is *way* overdue?

Too late for 8.4 I'm afraid, but we could talk about it for 8.5.  What
have you got in mind that would be different from \df?