Re: pg_hba.conf - patch to report all parsing errors, and then bail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf - patch to report all parsing errors, and then bail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Selena Deckelmann <selena@endpoint.com> writes:
>> Currently, load_hba() bails on the first parsing error. It would be
>> better for the typo-prone sysadmin if it reported ALL errors, and THEN
>> bailed out.
>
>> This patch implements that behavior.  Tested against 8.4 HEAD this morning.
>
> It sure looks like that's going to try to free new_parsed_lines more
> than once.  Shouldn't clean_hba_list be done just once?

Yeah, it should be done in the if branch down below. And I think by our
coding standards (or at least by our conventions), the variable should
be "ok" and not "OK".

Unless there are any objections, I can do those cleanups and apply it.

//Magnus