Re: Text search with ispell - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tommy Gildseth
Subject Re: Text search with ispell
Date
List pgsql-general

]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all

ASCII",overbuljongterningpakkmesterassistent,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{buljong,terning,pakk,mester,assistent}")

>> ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
>> ASCII",sjokoladefabrikk,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{sjokoladefabrikk,sjokolade,fabrikk}")
>>
>> ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
>> ASCII",epleskrott,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",no_ispell,"{epleskrott,eple,skrott}")
>>

>> But, the following does not:
>> SELECT
>>  ts_debug('norwegian', 'hemsedalsdans'),
>>  ts_debug('norwegian', 'l?rdalsbrua'),
>>  ts_debug('norwegian', 'hengesmykke');
>> -[ RECORD 1
>> ]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
>> ASCII",hemsedalsdans,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{hemsedalsdan})
>>
>> ts_debug | (word,"Word, all
>> letters",l?rdalsbrua,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{l?rdalsbru})
>>
>> ts_debug | (asciiword,"Word, all
>> ASCII",hengesmykke,"{no_ispell,norwegian_stem}",norwegian_stem,{hengesmykk})
>>

>> Would this be due to a limitation in the dictionary, or a
>> misconfiguration on my side?
>
> sorry, I don't know norwegian, what do you mean ?  Did you complain that
> no_ispell doesn't recognize these words ?

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have explained better.
The words hemsedalsdans, hengesmykke and lærdalsbrua, are
"concatenations" of the words Hemsedal and dans, henge and smykke and
Lærdal and bru. Hemsedal and Lærdal are in fact geographic names, so I'm
not sure it would handle that at all anyway. Both parts of the word,
hengesmykke, is in the dictionary though, ie. both henge and smykke. It
seems that some words it is able to properly spilt, and then some it
doesn't recognise.

The problem I'm trying to work around, is that as far as I can tell,
tsearch doesn't support truncation, ie. searching for "*smykke" or
"hemsedal*" etc.

--
Tommy Gildseth