Re: Text search with ispell - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Text search with ispell
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Tommy Gildseth wrote:

>> sorry, I don't know norwegian, what do you mean ?  Did you complain that
>> no_ispell doesn't recognize these words ?
>
> Yes, I'm sorry, I should have explained better.
> The words hemsedalsdans, hengesmykke and l?rdalsbrua, are "concatenations" of
> the words Hemsedal and dans, henge and smykke and L?rdal and bru. Hemsedal
> and L?rdal are in fact geographic names, so I'm not sure it would handle that
> at all anyway. Both parts of the word, hengesmykke, is in the dictionary
> though, ie. both henge and smykke. It seems that some words it is able to
> properly spilt, and then some it doesn't recognise.

you may improve dictionary, affix file should have
COMPOUNDFLAG z
dict file should contain 'henge', 'smykke' with that flag 'z'.
Where did you get dictionary ?

> The problem I'm trying to work around, is that as far as I can tell, tsearch
> doesn't support truncation, ie. searching for "*smykke" or "hemsedal*" etc.

8.4 version will support prefix search "hemsedal*".
But you could always write your own dictionary or just use dict_xsyn
dictionary for such kinds exceptions.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/dict-xsyn.html

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83