Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN
Date
Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> gin_numeric_cmp() can be called from regular SQL. I missed this before,
> but that function will segfault if you call gin_numeric_cmp(NULL, 1) (in
> v0.7 at least).

Fixed, gin_numeric_cmp is marked as strict.

> And how does GIN handle SQL NULL values in the column? Does it index
> them at all, or just ignore them?
SQL NULL: GIN doesn't support it (amindexnulls/amsearchnulls == false)
C NULL: NULL-numeric could be returned only by gin_extract_query_numeric which
cannot be called by user directly because of internal type of argument.
GIN doesn't do anything with values returned by gin_extract_query_numeric except
providing they as an argument for comparing functions.
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment