Re: parallel pg_restore - WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: parallel pg_restore - WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> This version of the patch should fix the "shared file descriptor" bug
> Russell Smith noticed. It also disables the 1/2 second sleep between
> forks, so the performance on a small db (regression) is vastly improved.

this works better but there is something fishy still - using the same
dump file I get a proper restore using pg_restore normally. If I however
use -m for a parallel one I only get parts (in this case only 243 of the
709 tables) of the database restored ...

Stefan