Re: Postgres-R - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From leiyonghua
Subject Re: Postgres-R
Date
Re: Postgres-R  (Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch>)
List pgsql-hackers
niranjan.k@nsn.com 写道:
> I wish to set up the Postgres-R environment, could you please let me know the steps for setting it up.
> Thanks.

yeah, actually, i have not been successful to set up this, but let me
give some information for you.
1. download the postgresql snapshot source code from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/snapshot/dev/
(this is a daily tarball)

2. Get the corresponding patch for postgres-r from:
http://www.postgres-r.org/downloads/

3. apply the patch for snapshot source, and configure like this:

./configure --enable-replication
make & make install

4. install the GCS ensemble, according the document :
http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/dsl/projects/Ensemble/doc.html

5. start ensemble daemon and gossip if neccessary ( yes, make sure the
two nodes can 'GCS' each other)

3. Assume that you have two nodes, start up postgresql and create a
database 'db', and create a table 'tb' for testing which should be have
a primary key for all nodes.

4. At the origin node, execute the command at psql console:
alter database db start replication in group gcs;
(which means the database 'db' is the origin and the group 'gcs' is the
GCS group name)

5. At the subscriber node, execute the command:
alter database db accept replication from group gcs;

Hope information above would be helpful, and keep in touch.

leiyonghua