Re: pltcl_*mod commands are broken on Solaris 10 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: pltcl_*mod commands are broken on Solaris 10
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>> But problem is also in configure which does not fail when tclsh is not
>> found.
>
> Yes it does ...
>
>     if test $[#] -eq 0; then
>         test -z "$TCLSH" && AC_MSG_ERROR([unable to locate tclConfig.sh because no Tcl shell was found])

Yeah, I looked deeply on our solaris build script and problem is with following
configure setup:

./configure --prefix=/tmp/pg --with-tcl --with-tclconfig=/usr/sfw/lib

It found tclconfig, but not tclsh

checking for tclsh... no
checking for tcl... no
checking for tclConfig.sh... /usr/sfw/lib/tclConfig.sh

and configure finish successfully but plttcl_* scripts are broken.

If I define TCLSH env variable it seems to me be OK.

checking for tclsh... /usr/sfw/bin/tclsh8.3
checking for tclConfig.sh... /usr/sfw/lib/tclConfig.sh

    Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala              Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic     http://sun.com/postgresql