Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gauthier, Dave
Subject Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project
Date
List pgsql-general
The arguments against PG are not technical.  The biggest advocate for MySQL is actually a very sharp engineer who
admitsthat PG is a superior DB.  But MySQL is more popular in the corp and has more formal recognition.  So he's saying
thatthe differences aren't "big enoug" to justify using PG.

A statement from an uninterested third party stating that data in a PG DB is more secure, more integrit, more up-time
thana MySQL implementation, now THAT would carry weight with the decision maker (who know nothing about DBs, but want
thatdata secure, integrit and available).

Not sure when the decision will be made.  But I expect to get physically ill if I have to dismantle the PG
implementationand replace it with MySQL.

Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is to be able to keep my DB.