Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think everyone will find a mode they like here.
>
> +1.  A marginal style suggestion: if you did
>
>     var_welcome_message = GetVariable(pset.vars, "WELCOME_MESSAGE");
>     if (!var_welcome_message)
>         var_welcome_message = "";
>
> then the subsequent tests would not need null-guards and would become
> much more readable IMHO.

I would like to submit a further patch that has the one line screen
(although I think it will be two), should I wait for this to be applied,
apply it myself and write my patch against the modified tree, or just
write my patch against head and let the committers figure it out?

Joshua D. Drake