Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Wetherbee
Subject Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Velevitch wrote:
> I'm transferring a database from 7.4.7 to 7.4.13 using 8.1.11
> utilities and pg_dump leaves out the "without oids" clause in the
> create table commands. I've confirmed the original tables are created
>  without oids by using pgadmin3 v1.8.2.
>
> How do I get the table created without oids?

If you're moving from 7.4.7 to 7.4.13, why don't you use the 7.4
utilities?  The 8.1 utilities assume 8.1 defaults, which can be quite
different from 7.4 defaults and, IIRC, are responsible for your OID issue.

If you really must use 8.1 utilities, edit your dump file and append
WITHOUT OIDS to your CREATE TABLE statements.

Also, FWIW, 7.4.19 is the latest release of the 7.4 series, and you
really should be using that, if you're sticking with the now-very-old
7.4 version.

> Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group
> March AIR and SQLite
> Date: Wed 26th March 6pm for 6:30 start
> Details soon

That looks to be a bit out of date, too. :)

Colin