Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump ignoring without oids
Date
List pgsql-general
"Chris Velevitch" <chris.velevitch@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm transferring a database from 7.4.7 to 7.4.13 using 8.1.11
> utilities

Why in the world would you try that, rather than using 7.4's pg_dump?
At no time has pg_dump version N claimed to produce output that
was loadable into server versions < N.

> and pg_dump leaves out the "without oids" clause in the
> create table commands.

8.1 thinks it should use "SET default_with_oids = false" instead.

(Should I point out that the current release in the 7.4 series
is 7.4.19?  7.4.13 is nearly a year and a half obsolete, and is
missing significant security and data-loss fixes.)

            regards, tom lane