Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Colin Wetherbee
Subject Re: Autograph Annoucement (ERD Tool)
Date
List pgsql-general
Colin Wetherbee wrote:
> Also, is there a way to forcibly remove tables and views from the
> output?  In all.xml, I only list the tables I want, but in addition to
> those, I also get my PostGIS tables and all the views I've created
> within the schema.

And...

If I set the tablemode to "detailed", all the lines terminate at primary
keys, instead of terminating at a primary key and a foreign key, which,
I assume, is what should happen.

An example...

TABLE mytable
   id PRIMARY KEY
   foo_id REFERENCES foo(id)

TABLE foo
   id PRIMARY KEY

The output of your tool would show a link between mytable.id and foo.id,
instead of a link between mytable.foo_id and foo.id.

I don't think I'll use the detailed view very often, though; I just
wanted to see what it did. :)

Here's the sample "detailed" output from one of my databases:

http://colinwetherbee.com/data/js-20080403.png

Thanks again for this neat, lean tool.

Colin