Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory
Date
List pgsql-general
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 21/11/2007 19:44, Marc Munro wrote:
>> Is there a simple way of coordinating active directory users with
>> database accounts?  I am happy to write tools to deal with the
>> database end of things, but have no experience with active directory.
>> Any and
>
> You could use a VBScript script on the domain server to dump a
> comma-delimited list of users, then use this to generate CREATE USER
> statements to create the database users.

The tricky bit (I'd guess) is to trigger a script when a new user is
created on the Windows side of things. There seem to be people
authenticating via Windows otherwise.

I don't know of a hook on Windows that fires on the user-creation event.
Would a cron-job + samba tools do, or does it need to be up + running
the same instant as the Windows-user?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd