Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory
Date
List pgsql-general
On 21/11/2007 19:44, Marc Munro wrote:
> Is there a simple way of coordinating active directory users with
> database accounts?  I am happy to write tools to deal with the database
> end of things, but have no experience with active directory.  Any and

You could use a VBScript script on the domain server to dump a
comma-delimited list of users, then use this to generate CREATE USER
statements to create the database users.

I'm not an expert on AD, but I recently had to write a script to
bulk-create user accounts in AD, and I'd be happy to share that with you
if it would give you some pointers.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie