Re: import a .out file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sean Davis
Subject Re: import a .out file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jonathon Stierman wrote:
> Yep, it definitely is a SQL dump -- it looks much the same as .sql files
> that I'm used to dealing with on MYSQL databases.
>
> Do you have any favorite translator tools that I could look in to?  The file
> is massive (58 megs worth) and going through it by hand would be quite
> tedious.
>
> I did find this on the MYSQL homepage:
> http://solutions.mysql.com/solutions/partner.php?partner=1881&other=1
> Suggesting some commercial options are available.  Have any of you used this
> tool, or other tools, with success?
>
> Thanks Sean, Sibte, & Richard for your help thus far -- it is most
> appreciated!

How many tables?  If it is just a few, I would ask for tab-delimited
text files from postgres and then design the database in mysql or mssql
to match the postgres database.  SQL::Translator for perl is one option,
but it usually requires some hand-editing, also.

Sean