Re: import a .out file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jonathon Stierman
Subject Re: import a .out file
Date
Re: import a .out file  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-novice
Yep, it definitely is a SQL dump -- it looks much the same as .sql files
that I'm used to dealing with on MYSQL databases.

Do you have any favorite translator tools that I could look in to?  The file
is massive (58 megs worth) and going through it by hand would be quite
tedious.

I did find this on the MYSQL homepage:
http://solutions.mysql.com/solutions/partner.php?partner=1881&other=1
Suggesting some commercial options are available.  Have any of you used this
tool, or other tools, with success?

Thanks Sean, Sibte, & Richard for your help thus far -- it is most
appreciated!

Jonathon